So apparently, a California school is distributing leaflets about something called a “White Space”. Essentially, white students are to be taken aside and separated from their oppressed non-white classmates and made to feel guilty about all that oppression they are doing.
California Public School Promotes “White Space” to “Unlearn Racism” (Please click on link and read the whole thing. It summarises my thoughts better than I could)
Why A White Space?
For many, it sounds contradictory: Isn’t it racist if just white people get together? Isn’t that segregation? The following are our reasons for meeting as a white anti-racist affinity group:
1. People of color shouldn’t always have to be the ones to educate white people about racism and oppression. We are taking responsibility for learnipractice as a white person can sometimes mean increased alienation and conflict in our lives, especially with other white friends and family who disagree with us. …
4. It’s a space for white people to figure out what it means to be anti-racist white person and challenge racism in all areas of our lives. …
5. It’s a place where white people can begin to build a new culture of white anti-racism, and learn the skills needed to transform the larger white community.
6. White affinity groups are a supplement to, not a replacement for, multi-racial dialogues and activism between white people and people of color. …
7. A white space serves as a resource to people of color who want to work with white people but don’t want to spend all their energy dealing with the racism of white people.ng about our own white privilege and how to challenge it as white people.
2. In order to challenge racism and dismantle white supremacy, white people need to unlearn racism and discover the ways we enact white privilege. …
3. A commitment to anti-racist identity and
Despite the fact that slavery in the West was ended about 150 years ago (by white people) and Jim Crow laws were ended about 50 years ago (by white people, though admittedly due to pressure by black civil rights activists) and despite the fact that every race, including white people have been the victims of slavery at some point, we still need to realise that every single thing that goes wrong in the non-white communities is because of some vague unspecified form of racism committed by white people against them.
If black and Hispanic students fail miserably in school, drop out, end up dealing drugs and get shot in the street, it’s all the white students fault for oppressing them. It doesn’t have anything to do with their cultural values, as all people are equal in every way, and the only thing that can possibly account for demographic differences is how much oppression that demographic suffers at the hands of white people. You see, all white people are automatically born as racists and so, need to unlearn racism. We just can’t help ourselves, we’re genetically predisposed to be oppressors (even though we’re led to believe that genetically speaking, we aren’t all that different from the other races).
It remains a mystery of course why Asian students (another non-white minority in America) don’t fail at education as much as other minorities. In fact, they often do better on average than white people. Why is it that white people oppress blacks, Hispanics, Arabs etc so much, but they don’t oppress Asians? Perhaps Asians are also born with some form of white privilege.
Jokes aside, this is just getting ridiculous. When will people realise that it’s all gone full circle now? The reality is, that White people are now the most discriminated against of the major races in the world? White people are the only race who aren’t allowed to have an exclusive homeland(s) (blacks, Asians, Hispanic, Arabs and Indians all do). White people MUST live in diverse countries. White people are the only race that have to change the laws and traditions of their countries to accommodate outsiders. White people are the only racial group that can be grouped together in negative terms, as the document I’m linked to is doing. It’s perfectly ok to act as if all white people are racist, but it wouldn’t be ok to say the same thing about all black or Hispanic people of course. After all, it would be racist to act as if all members of a racial group are the same, unless that group is white people.
The worry I have, is this. If people of other races are being conditioned to think that white people are evil, and that it’s ok to discriminate against us like this, what’s going to happen in a few decades if (as present trends suggest), our numbers are significantly lower, and their’s are much higher in what were once our countries? Will it spur on racial hatred towards us, and justify acts of genocide? After all, it has often been suggested that genocide begins with demonising the target group with words. That’s already happening to us. What happens next?