Wow we had a pretty quiet few weeks there for a while. I was starting to think that integration efforts had finally succeeded, and that terrorism would now be a thing of the past. Well actually no, I didn’t really think that at all, because I’m not a naive idiot with a complete inability to understand the relationship between cause and effect. The only thing that surprises me is how long it has been since anything notable has happened. Must be a good three weeks or so. I guess that’s why we had to get three incidents in a single day. Got to make up for lost time and try to maintain the average of one per week.
Police have launched a terrorism investigation after an explosion on a Tube train at Parsons Green station on Friday morning.
The blast sent a “shot of flames” through the packed rush hour train, injuring 29 people.
Commuters described mass panic as people fled from the train and platform out of the south west London station.
Here is everything we know about what happened so far:
- The blast happened at 8.20am on Friday on a train at Parsons Green station, on the District line route between Earl’s Court and Wimbledon in south west London.
- Witnesses said the Tube train had pulled into the station and the doors had just opened when the explosion went off in the last carriage. Passengers described a “heat wave” and “wall of flame”which was sent through the carriage.
- The British Transport Police, Met armed police and officers, firefighters and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service attended. Six London Fire Brigade crews and 50 firefighters were sent to the scene within three minutes. The first ambulance crew arrived within five minutes.
- Around two hours after the suspected attack, Scotland Yard declared it a terrorist incident. A counter-terror investigation was launched.
- The Met confirmed the blast was an “improvised explosive device” which had been detonated. Photos on social media show what appears to be a bucket, wrapped in a Lidl carrier bag, with wires protruding from it.
- 29 people in total were injured. Nineteen people were taken to hospital by paramedics and the others arrived at hospital themselves. Eight people were discharged from hospital at around 4.30pm.
- Police said most of the injuries are believed to be flash burns. None of those injured are thought to be in a serious or life-threatening condition. The injured are in hospitals across London including Imperial, Chelsea and Westminster, Guy’s and St Thomas’ and a Parsons Green urgent care centre.
- Officers said they are working with intelligence agency MI5.
- The suspect believed to be behind the blast has not yet been found and no arrests have been made.
- The District line was suspended between Wimbledon and Edgware Road.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is to chair an emergency Cobra meeting later on Friday. She said: “My thoughts are with those injured at Parsons Green and the emergency services who, once again, are responding swiftly and bravely to a suspected terrorist incident.”
- Firefighters also helped evacuate 253 people from a train which was not involved in the explosion, but which had been stopped on tracks nearby.
- The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, will also join intelligence and security officials for the Cobra meeting. In a statement he said: “Our city utterly condemns the hideous individuals who attempt to use terror to harm us and destroy our way of life. As London has proven again and again, we will never be intimidated or defeated by terrorism.
- The Met Police and Theresa May has responded to a tweet by President Donald Trump, rebuking his speculation. The US leader said: “Another attack in London by a loser terrorist. These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard.” The PM said: “I never think it’s helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation.” The Met said his comments were “unhelpful” and “pure speculation”.
- The public has been warned to expect an “enhanced police presence” on Friday.
- Police have cordoned off and evacuated an area of 50 metres in radius around Parsons Green station, including residents’ homes while officers secure the DIY explosive device.
- Anyone with any information is asked to call detectives on the hotline 0800 789 321. Anyone with any pictures from the scene is urged to send them to www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk.
Something tells me that we won’t be seeing London’s Muslim Mayor, Sadiq Khan being hounded by the media to condemn this act of violence, in the same way that Trump was hounded by the media to condemn the violent “white supremacists” of Charlottesville. Yes, I’m aware that he apparently has condemned it, but sure Trump condemned what happened in Charlottesville too, and it still didn’t stop him getting hounded.
Oh btw, that Charlottesville narrative is collapsing too. The “white supremacist terrorist” didn’t even hit the woman he supposedly killed. She apparently died of a heart attack.
Anyway, while London was having its own case of “cultural enrichment”, Paris didn’t want to feel left out, and ended up having not one, but two of its own. Those wacky French people. Always having to show us who the real champs are in terms of sheer number of terrorist incidents.
A man has been arrested after attacking a soldier on patrol in Paris.
The soldier was attacked from behind by a man wielding a knife at about 6.30am. The man was also reported to have referenced Isis during the assault in a major subway interchange.
The incident, in which the soldier in question was not injured, was the latest of several attacks on troops deployed in large numbers to patrol sensitive places in France after a series of attacks by Islamist militants that have killed more than 230 people in France in the past three years.
The latest incident was confirmed by armed forces minister Florence Parly in an interview on Europe 1 radio.
The man is not thought to have been known to police, according to French media.
Police spokeswoman Johana Primevert said the incident took place in the Chatelet station in central Paris. Traffic and access to the station, which serves multiple subway and commuter train lines, quick resumed.
Thousands of troops and police officers are deployed in France’s Operation Sentinelle, launched after the January 2015 terror attacks.
The attack came the day after the government announced changes to the force, with a greater focus on temporary and seasonal events. The soldiers still will patrol around major tourist sites, places of worship, train stations and airports.
Now it’s one thing when it’s a soldier who gets attacked. The idiots who defend this insanity can at least attempt to justify it in their own minds by claiming that it was a response to French military aggression in the Muslim world… or something to that effect. But how can they possibly justify something like this?
A man is on the run after injuring two women with a hammer in Chalon-sur-Saône, in eastern France.
The women were allegedly assaulted, about 15 minutes apart, by a man just before midday on Friday.
Witnesses said the suspect shouted “Allahu Akbar” (“God is greatest” in Arabic) during the attacks.
French prosecutors say they are treating the incident as a possible terror attack, but did not rule out other motives.
The women’s injuries are not life-threatening, and local media report that they have already been released from hospital.
Officials asked locals not to share information on social media about the location of police while the manhunt for the attacker was still under way.
Earlier on Friday a man was arrested at Châtelet metro station in Paris after reportedly attacking a soldier with a knife at 06:30 (04:30 GMT).
It was the latest in a string of assaults against French troops, who have been deployed across the country in response to recent terror attacks.
The soldier was not injured in the incident.
All I can say is that luckily enough, nobody seems to have been killed in any of these latest attacks. But how long will that luck hold out? As I’ve said time and time again, this is never going to just suddenly stop. It’s just going to keep happening and becoming more frequent, until one of two things happen:
- Europeans surrender and submit to the will of Islam.
- Europeans rise up and demand the removal of Islam from its borders, much like our ancestors spent over 1300 years doing.
There is no third option.